Not that it was exciting (well to you) or anything, but work last week was kinda crazy! The company I work for has been making some significant changes in the past year. This week we were supposed to change our computer system to a new system that could integrate all parts of the business together. Tuesday was the going to be the big switch day, and we had meetings about what was going to happen and what changes were going to affect us. The key word is was.
I was driving to work Tuesday morning when one of my buddies called to tell me not to come in. For whatever reason they couldn't get the computers to work, and finally gave up trying about 3:30 AM. I called the boss and they offered to let me come in, or take a vacation day. Standing around the warehouse for 10 1/2 hours isn't really my idea of fun, so I took the vacation day.
I turns out though, that there isn't much to do at 5AM on a Tuesday morning. I called my buddy and he suggested bowling. I thought breakfast was good, so we did both. The coffee shop at Texas Station is open 24/7, but the bowling alley didn't open until 7:30.
Harvey taught me the finer points of video poker while we waited.

We were the only people at the bowling alley until about 9!

And then he completely kicked my trash, this was my best game, and his worst

And with that we kinda called it quits for the day. It was fun having a 4 day weekend, but I came to regret it later.
Wednesday I was completely shocked to see my route for the day. Normally I get between 15-20 stops, on a very busy day 25 tops. I had 37! and everyone had a similar situation. I didn't finish until a little after 7PM, a 14 hour day! I figured that they just gave us Tuesday + Wednesday, we would have a rough day, and then be back to normal.
If only! Grocery stores don't receive on Wednesdays, so Thursday was another 14 hour day. At 5 PM, I still had 45 cases to deliver, and hadn't taken my lunch break yet

By Friday we were pretty much back to normal, although completely worn out
1 comment:
I am so excited that youi updated your blog! And excited that you survived last week at work :)
Post a Comment