Monday, March 7, 2011

Grandma came for a visit!


I've been meaning to have my Grandma come for a visit for quite a while, but it just never happened. Jamie took control though and made all the arrangements for her and my Aunt to come for a little visit.

It was pretty funny when they came in for the first time. My Grandma wandered all over the house asking "Who lives here?" and "Are you punking me?" I honestly had no idea that Grandma knew anything about Ashton Kutcher, or being punked! Finally I showed her a few bills to try to make her believe that this was my house!

Also the next morning she wanted to see the backyard. If you've never seen my house, let me explain. The lot is literally the size of a postage stamp. There are about 4 feet around the outside walls of the house that are mine. Then you run into a brick retaining wall, or the neighbor's house. It's a pretty small yard, but she managed to stay impressed.

We all went down to Mandalay Bay to the Shark Reef. Its a huge aquarium with Sharks, crocodiles, Komodo Dragons, Piranhas and sting rays.

Sharks!

The Jelly Fish tank is always my favorite



I wanted to take them to a show, so we decided on Phantom of the Opera. I had seen it once before, but it was still amazing! I found out after I bought the tickets that locals get a pretty steep discount, and it almost makes tickets affordable. I think I might have to find a pretty girl and go again!

Janet is a beautician, and part of the deal of her coming was a couple of haircuts. Jamie was too cool just to get her hairs cut. Jamie hair colors-1She wanted colors, and wanted three different colors!Jamie hair cut-1

Lately I've really been thinking about how important family is, and how I wanted to have good photos of everyone. While I had my Aunt and Grandma here I made sure to get some good pictures of them.

Here's Aunt Janet:
Janet
And Janet and Grandma together:On the Phone

Now I just have to decide which ones I like best, have them printed, and hang them on the wall!


Before they left they wanted to buy some souvenirs. Walgreens has shrunk their souvenir section down quite a lot, but I told them they could find plenty of tourist stuff at the airport. Neither of them had flown in a long time--like pre 9-11 days when your family could walk out to the gate with you. I pretty much dropped them off at the ticket counter and had to leave. I called 45 minutes later and they were in a shop, but hadn't yet gone through security! Monday morning and they hadn't gone through security! I assured them there would be plenty of shopping in the concourse, but they didn't want to miss their flight standing in security!

It was lots of fun, and I hope they come again soon!

No comments: