
We planned ahead to avoid the traffic around the stadium, by taking a shuttle bus from the mall. This was great, no worries about traffic, or trying to find a parking space.
Our hopes for a good game, vanished as UNR took the opening kickoff at the twenty yard line, and marched 80 yards for a touchdown. The game pretty much went downhill from there. By the time the fourth quarter rolled around we were ready to go. We left early and headed back to the bus. It was standing room only, so I took my camera bag off and stuck it in one of the over head compartments so that I wouldn't hit the people sitting down every time I turned around.
The trip back to the mall was pretty slow, and we chatted about the game and our vacation back in July. We as the bus unloaded we started our good byes. My parents had to be back home to teach Sunday School tomorrow, and Rudy and Jamie were spending the night with Rudy's sister Mara.
I was starting to get a headache, so I reached fir my bag. I had a bottle of advil rattling around inside it. And that's when I realized my camera bag was still on the bus, and that the bus had just left the parking lot.
We gave out some quick hugs, and took off after the bus. We weren't sure which bus had been ours, and traffic lights caused us to lose sight of it.
It seemed reasonable that the bus would head back to the stadium for another load of passengers, do that's where we headed. When we got back to where the busses had been we saw one last bus pulling out, but the sign on it said "returning to garage."
We wanted to make sure it was the right bus, so at the next red light I hopped out to see if I recognized the driver. Just as I got even with the bus though, the light changed, so I ran to the sidewalk to avoid getting run over. Cassidy was in the left lane, and couldn't cut over to get me. I saw a hand wave out the window, but I had no idea what it was signaling. Randi had been looking up the phone number for the UTA on my cell phone, so now I was stuck on the side of the road with no way to communicate with my ride, or for them to tell me where to go. I decided I better sit still so that I could be found.
Eventually I heard randi calling me across the street. I followed her back to an apartment complex where Cassidy was waiting for us. Cassidy knew where the bus barn was, so that was our next stop.
The security guard let me in, and I explained things to him and the supervisor for the bus drivers. The last of the shuttle busses had come in, and none of the drivers had turned in any lost items.
The security guard offered to go look at the busses that had been driven by a female driver. When he came back empty handed I felt my stomach drop. I was certain that no one would have taken it. Randi and LaWayne had been on the second to last row of the bus. The last row of people had small sleepy children, and I doubted they would have taken it.
The only hope the supervisor could offer was for a bus driver on Sunday finding my bag, and turning it in to lost and found. If that happened, I could pick it up Monday morning at the main office in Provo.
The only problem was Rudy and Jamie both had to be to work on Monday.
The security guard took my name and phone number in case somehow my bag was found before I left.
I was pretty bummed. I started wondering if my homeowners insurance would pay to replace my camera. Then I thought maybe I could get a replacement on craigslist. Then I started thinking that this was an opportunity to move up to a new and better camera. The D90, which is the successor to my camera can shoot 720p video, and the brand new D7000 which replaces the D90 can shoot 1080p video. But deep down I just wanted my camera back.
We got back to Randi's
I finally got some ibuprofen for my headache. Randi had a huge bag full of them!
We had only been home a few minutes when my phone rang. It was the security guard at the bus barn. He had decided to look through all of the busses that looked like the busses used for the football shuttle, and had found it!
I hopped in the car and headed back to Orem. The guard handed me my bag and I almost gave him a kiss!
I'm glad to have my camera back. I had two memory cards with pictures that hadn't been downloaded yet. And I have a lot more pictures that need to be taken!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
I am SO glad you got it back. Wonderful security guard to go the extra mile for you. You ought to drop a line to UTA and tell them he deserves extra thanks.
Post a Comment