Have you ever had one of those moments where you catch yourself doing something that your parents/grandparents/brother/sister do all the time and you say "Oh my gosh, I'm acting just like so and so!"
That happened to me yesterday on my way home from work. I was driving down the freeway when I decided I didn't want to deal with the usual rat race at my exit. It was very hot, I was kinda tired and I didn't want to fight traffic anymore. Out of the blue this thought popped into my head that I could take a different exit, drive up the frontage road, skip all the hustle and bustle, and best of all I could skip 3 stop lights!
This doesn't seem like much, but going out of your way to avoid stoplights is totally something my grandpa would do. It has been said that he would drive a mile out of his way just to avoid a stoplight. As I was driving up the frontage road I said "Oh my gosh, I'm acting just like Grandpa!"
Here's another one. My dad does this weird thing where he gasps for a breath. As a kid I thought he was just fooling around, but occasionally it happens to me. I feel a burp coming on, I start to let it out, and instead I gasp for breath. It's so weird, and I've never seen anyone else do it. Every time it happens I think "Oh gosh, I'm just like dad!"
Does something you do remind you of a relative? Anyone can leave a comment below, or send an email. I love hearing about these stories where you say I'm just like so and so because I ...
1 comment:
I find myself saying quotes that my mom always said, or using her words in a funny way. Its great. Way to carry on the Norton tradition!
Post a Comment