Monday, April 20, 2009

All State Choir

I grew up with the Johnsons pretty much living next door to me since we moved to Elko, and they are pretty much like extended family. Anyway Steven made All State Choir this year (again) and the concert was at UNLV. All of the Johnsons were here this weekend, and I tagged along to see the concert.

I took some pictures of steven and a couple of his friends before the concert:

and a few of the little snack everyone was eating.

There was a middle school choir that performed first. They were really good.


Then the concert started. Mrs Rogers from Elko HS was the chairperson of the high school All State choir.

Steven got recognized as one of the few members of the choir to have made All State all 4 years

Then the concert really got started. The music was great. It was hard to believe these were high school kids singing and not some professional group.

This girl (in the green dress)had a solo and she was so good

1 comment:

Erin said...

Choir concerts rock! You lucky. Shaun and I discovered the joy of podcasts! We downloaded the recent Conference, and a bunch of CES firesides onto our Ipods. Free! We love it!